Indians are increasingly watching more videos online. The average time spent by Indian watching videos online has grown to 52 minutes per day in 2018 from a mere two minutes per day in 2012. It is expected to increase further to 67 minutes per day by 2019, according to a report by media agency Zenith. YouTube is the most preferred destination especially for the youth and millennial population in India.
We all aware that there is an ad slot called YouTube masthead. Displaying an ad on the YouTube masthead could cost you a woofing Rs 1.4 crore per day. By seeing this cost, we would’ve concluded that it’s not my cup of tea. What’s the alternative? In case if you’re looking for something which will eventually help to increase brand awareness. Home Feed ads are the answer to that.
Yes, Google recently came up with this inventory. Google claims the monetizable estimated impressions on the home page via this ad format is around 300M per day.
What to expect?
- You can expect an impression of 150 M per day
- VTRs would be around 0.7% to 0.9%
- Daily budgets should be a minimum of 17 lac per day for reaching the impressions as mentioned earlier
- CPVs are quite similar to Trueview discovery ads
- But VTRs are 20% to 30% lower than the Trueview discovery ads
- Targeting option should be very open to reaching the maximum number of potential users
All existing TrueView discovery advertisers are eligible for the existing homepage backfill will be auto-opted in.
Serving ads on the home feed is the vital purpose of this ad format, So Google recommends targeting the home-feed in a separate ad group/campaign.
How to target the YouTube mobile homepage feed as a placement:
Follow these 3 easy steps.
- Enable YouTube video network in ‘campaign settings’
- Create a placement target specifying the following. YouTube placement: youtube.com::PyvHome
Adding YouTube HomeFeed as a placement
Ensure your ad group is only running the demo and audience targeting. (Does not support keyword or content targeting)
This will be one of the cheapest ways to build video view audiences. This is excellent news, as video ads have many benefits that go beyond just building retargeting audiences. A video audience is a list of people who have spent time watching your videos on YouTube. You can segment the and create different audience bucket based on how long a user has viewed your videos with the TVA (TrueView Action) campaigns.